Friday, February 10, 2012

More Soda!

Well, this is what I thought would happen if I started to feel halfway decent....I've been too busy doing things to sit and type much.  I've only had to take prednisone twice in the last week.  I went out shopping the other day and only had two asthma attacks while I was doing it.  And I've exercised (yay!)--twenty minutes a day for three days, but not all at once, only a few minutes at a time, and easy stuff.  The easy stuff leaves me breathing hard enough.

I probably wouldn't be typing today, but I woke up with a horrible migraine.  After almost two hours, the (four) Advil and caffeinated soda seem to have taken the edge off, as long as I don't try to do anything stupid like move.  I missed my 'aura' last night--the incredibly tired feeling before bedtime that signals it's time to take Advil before bed so I don't have to wake up with this.  I'm now to the point where typing isn't too much movement.  Seriously, running my finger over the mousepad was a lot of work an hour ago.  I'm lucky it's getting this good--it was so awful when I woke up that I was afraid it was going to be completely out of control for the next twelve hours or so.  There's hope I'll be back to playing the piano before lunch.

I'm going to go drink more caffeine....back in a second....

Okay, I'm back.  Lots of caffeine helps.

Not much happening here.  It's all right with me if I don't have the debilitating illness to talk about endlessly.  I'm still on my house cleaning binge.  I've cleaned all the windows, pictures, light fixtures, etc. downstairs, moved a lot of furniture, cleaned a lot of shelves.  We have a dumpster for trash pick-up and two smaller ones, and I've been filling all three every week, which is a sad little commentary on how much cleaning needs to be done around here.  If you want a spotless house, I don't recommend having children and getting sick.  Although the children are great for slave labor....

I've also played a lot of piano lately--I got kind of obsessed with Schubert's sonatas.  I'm taking a break but they're calling me so I'll probably be back soon.

Since I've run out of anything interesting to say, I'll just quit talking now....

Time to go wake up the kids for school anyway. :)

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment