Monday, February 27, 2012

What Did You Say?

Here are a few good links about CAPD, thanks to someone on a message board.


This first one is a good example of what I hear in a crowded environment, like a party:

http://www.exploratorium.edu/exhibits/ladle/index.html


This next one is a well-developed, informative site:

http://apdus.org/


And finally, a good site for accomodations and coping strategies:

http://www.squidoo.com/auditory-processing-disorder


I'm doing pretty well--still a few minor coughing fits, but I've been shopping and didn't even have to take prednisone.

I'm glad that spring is coming soon--my kids are getting 'cabin fever'.  Many days they can't go outside at all.  One of them was complaining today about not getting to go anywhere lately.  And that's when the guilt hit.

It's not as if I decided one day that I would be sick.  But sometimes I still feel guilty.  As if it's my fault that we don't have enough money for the kids to be enrolled in extracurricular activities, or to go to musems or shopping malls or movies.  My fault that my husband has to work and go to school and be gone so much of the time in his quest to make enough money to keep a roof over our heads.  My fault that I can only drive to a few places and if some activity doesn't take place at one of those, too bad, I can't get there.  My fault I don't get out and meet people so that we'd have more of a social life.  My fault I 'scare' people away by being sick and having all the neurological challenges that I have.  I started to think, if only I could get a job....

I shook myself out of that funk pretty quickly--it's usually not too difficult when I'm being reasonably healthy and I've had a decent night's sleep.  I went back to housework and the piano.

I've gotten quite obsessed with Schubert's sonatas lately.  Oh, here's a link to a wonderful pianist I've just discovered:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=483846457988

Christian Zacharias. :)


And I'm off to practice.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment