Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oh Boy





Good morning!  If you look closely at this picture from APOD, you'll see Venus 'in transit'--that just means it's in front of the sun.

I took the girls to their second dentist appointment Friday, where one child had a leftover baby tooth root 'zapped' by a laser.  She never felt a thing.  Another child just had sealant put on.  No cavities. :)  No more dental work in the near future, hopefully, because now I've read through all their magazines.  It takes a long time to go through so many kids' dental appointments.

And then I took the girls to Wal-Mart because my eldest is going on a mission trip at the end of the month.  You'd think she was going to Venus, as much stuff as they're saying she should have.  We're lucky so many people donated to her cause so generously.  Anyway, Wal-Mart turned out to be quite an adventure.

You know, we go to Wal-Mart once or twice a month.  Sometimes if the bargains are good I grocery shop there, too.  But you'd think I'd never been to Wal-Mart.  So many things in my life are like that.  So I had no idea where any of the things we needed were, and they were in lots of different departments.  Flashlight--automotive department--where is that--and then it takes me forever to find the flashlight.  Beach towel--linen department--where is that--and then (you might see it coming now) it takes me forever to find the beach towel.  Disposable camera.  Work gloves.  Work boots.  Water bottle.  It seemed like we were in that store forever.  With four kids.

And we ran through all of the cash we had for the trip.  She still needs sneakers and work boots, as well as more clothes.  And I don't advise trying to find work boots for a 15yo girl. They don't make them in that size.  I know where one other shoe store is because I have 'odd' feet and usually have to buy an expensive pair of shoes.  If I'm lucky I have two pairs that would fit to choose from.  If that store doesn't have the boots for my daughter, I'll have to ask for help, because I don't know how to get to any other shoe store.  There was one near my parents' house, but it closed recently.  I was always getting lost on the way to that one anyway.



Yesterday my husband was at Guard, and we watched a 'Quantum Leap' marathon as part of my continuing endeavor to make good little geeks out of my children.  We've been watching 'Sliders' lately, too.  Even though we're in the midst of a 'financial adventure' here, children's TV dinners were on sale at Wal-Mart, so I bought them for the kids.  You'd be surprised how much cheap entertainment it provided the children when I picked one out as well.  Chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, corn, and chocolate pudding.

Gotta go....

No comments:

Post a Comment