Monday, August 13, 2012

658,450 on Bubble Blitz! It's a new record!

I'm back.  It was just too depressing to write about religion/poverty/disability for a few days.  So now I have catching up to do.  Let's see....

My husband is back to work part-time, his boss apparently having exacted enough retribution for his three-week guard stint.  Yes, I know it's illegal.  It's been my experience over the years that when you work at the bottom, they can get away with anything.  Maybe even murder--I heard of a former co-worker with lots of complaints murdered--not raped, not robbed, just murdered--after I was let go for not sleeping with the boss.  Nothing would surprise me.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  My sister, bil, and niece Hazel came for a visit.  Hazel is three, and she couldn't be more fun.

On Wednesday my sister and I went to the lawyer.  She seemed very competent.  The lawyer I mean.  Not that my sister isn't competent. lol  Where was I?  We went over my disabilities (there's that d*** word again) thoroughly.  Yet another stroll down memory lane.  Afterwards (it was my sister's suggestion, honestly) we went to Atz's for ice cream.  I highly recommend chocolate ice cream with hot fudge sauce and oreos on top.  My diet took a little vacation those three days, but I was pretty good--I had a grilled chicken salad for dinner and no dessert--not that I had room for dessert.  It had been nice to have a long chat, just my sister and me, over ice cream.  And then we pretended we hadn't done it.  For some reason my children and husband did not believe we'd stopped for coffee. lol  I think it might have had something to do with my passionate hatred of coffee.  I also got to spend time chasing Hazel up and down my parents' hallway, jumping out at her and pretending I wanted to eat her toes.  I think she's ninety percent certain I wouldn't really do it.  I can still hear her--I'm at one end of the house and she's at the other:  "Aunt Deeeeb!  Aunt Deeeeeeeeb!  Aunt Deeeeeeeeeeeb!

On Thursday we went to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo.  This is one of the top ten attractions in the country.  I don't even get paid for saying that.  We visited Africa, Indonesia, Australia, and a farm.  We rode a sky ride, a log boat ride, and a train ride, and my niece rode a pony and a merry-go-round.  Afterwards we had pizza at my parents' house, where my sister and family stayed while they were here.

On Friday we went shopping at Glenbrook Mall.  My sister bought us all clothes, and lunch.  I bought a couple of bargain books at B&N--a book on geometry and a book on chemistry.  I might be a geek after all--I'd much rather buy books than clothes.  We had dinner Friday night at the last of the three restaurants that my parents know exists. :)  We had a lot of fun playing with Hazel at dinner time--we played 'Who took the cookie from the cookie jar?'.  And of course (later) my girls and I promptly ganged up on Hazel when she said, "Say everything I say"--we all repeated dutifully, "Say everything I say" which screwed it all up right from the beginning.  I think she might have wondered if we were stupid. lol  Then we went to a Tin Caps game--the Tin Caps are another of the top ten country-wide attractions.  We have two of them because we're better than the rest of you.

It was a pleasant vacation from reality.

By Saturday it was over, and at my house we were all in a state of collapse.  We've all had a small cold.  It had rained during the ball game and it had been chilly.  My 13yo started in on the first asthma attack she's had in quite a while.  It was still going on Sunday, and today.  We think she's going to be okay now.

On Sunday I whipped through a to-do list:

#1  Make to-do list.  Check.
#2  Research Tricare.  Check.  We have Tricare Reserve Select.  $50 deductible and 15% copays if I understand correctly.
#3  Email sister.  Check.  Several times.
#4  Fill out lawyer's papers.  Check.
#5  Ask for hearing online.  Check.
#6  Call old (I meant, I haven't seen him for a long time) doctor for appointment.  Check.  Did this today.
#7  Fill out form for congressman.  Check.  Would you believe I actually got a response this time.  Maybe they can find out why my Social Security was cancelled in the first place.
#8  Post on facebook (seriously, spellcheck doesn't recognize facebook?) CVID group and ask for advice.  Check.  If I'd only known--I'd have thirty binders right now full of every report card, failed assignment, doctor's appointment, neurological test, journals for every job.  A lifetime of failure well-documented.
#9  And I wrote a letter to the editor--more on that another day, perhaps.

Well, it looks like my politely savage emails may have saved our children's medicaid.  We didn't get cancelled this year.  Perhaps it's been my fault in years past for not having reached the end of my rope sooner.

And goodnight, I'm going to bed soon.  After a few more games of Bubble Blitz.


P.S.  I just posted a link to a one-chapter fanfic in the Candy Jar (scroll down on the right).






2 comments:

  1. As a general rule of thumb, it's always better to take out clusters of colored bubbles that are high up the screen. The reason for this is that anything hanging onto that cluster from beneath will always fall beneath the gun and be added to your score tally - it's a great way of destroying multiple Bubble Blitz clusters with just one shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha... that's me... #1 Make a list - check!

    ReplyDelete