Sunday, August 26, 2012

I am NOT a ghoul!

Well, I'm drinking up some of that diet Dew today.  Everybody left for church, and I was going to finally record some piano music for this blog, but instead I found myself parked in front of the Weather Channel playing Bubble Blitz.  There's a hurricane, you know.  Jonas Quinn and I would be happy sitting in a room somewhere for a few days watching the hurricane.  In some women's fantasies, Jonas Quinn would be shirtless.  In mine, the hurricane has just been declared a cat 5. lol

So anyway, I kinda wondered why I was feeling so lazy this morning.  And then the migraine hit.  Fatigue is one of the symptoms that one is coming.  I get them every month--regularly.  Maybe I would have seen it coming if it weren't for the foggy brain that comes with it.  So it's Advil and Dew today--I'm not feeling great, but I'm functional.  I've been playing some piano (and wanting to play everything pianissimo) and going through stuff upstairs.  I am honestly trying to clean up around here--but we've been out of the house a lot lately.

Here's an article that interested me:  http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/opinion/sunday/immune-disorders-and-autism.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all .  It makes my life make more sense, the idea that immune disorders and autism are related.  My mother has rheumatoid arthritis--it raised my odds of having autism.

I'm playing SongPop with my 13yo right now.  The twins are out in the camper (their new home lately) and the oldest went with Dad to a church youth meeting.

The twins made chocolate chip cookies earlier and left the batter bowl next to the computer.  I must tell them not to do that in the future.  It's just like having unprotected sex--if I have food next to the computer, I am planning to eat it all.

The blog is back!  One of my favorite all-time blogs:  http://wwwwhitechinese.blogspot.com/ .  This is the blog I used to take a virtual vacation while I was sick this winter.  I am really excited!  It's such a different culture--it's fascinating to read about.

Cool video on TV of trees being whipped by the wind and rain.  And New Orleans has now declared a state of emergency.  So has Mobile.

You know, that storm we had this summer had 90+ mph winds.  Only for a short time.  That was very destructive.

I've tried to tell my girls that when they have homes of their own they should prepare for a week with no electricity and no outside help.  Everybody should.  I was just reading an article the other day that said that one thing many people neglect in their planning is water.  Do you have a week's worth of water stored?  I have six dozen 2-liter bottles of water ready to go.

And we're probably going to have some rain tonight, which the crops could certainly use.

And New Orleans is not going to open shelters.  My 13yo has just accused me of being entertained by other people's misfortune--not the shelter thing, the whole hurricane.

Well, it's time to go scrounge up some dinner.  Good luck to anyone reading this down south.  After this summer, I do have some understanding--every storm after that, we were on high alert here, and that wasn't any fun at all.  I love a good disaster flick, but I don't really want anybody to get hurt.  I'd stop it if I could.

Bet that would pay well, too.

G'night.



No comments:

Post a Comment