Saturday, April 28, 2012

It's Called www.typobounty.com!

Good morning!  The kids and I are watching a long, two-part movie--'Aftershock:  Earthquake in New York".  It was the best thing on tv this morning, which isn't really saying very much.  The best thing it  has going for it is the three original Stargate series actors (recurring characters, but not main characters) that have shown up.  My 12yo daughter was making waffles when I stumbled out of bed this morning.  She loves to cook--every mother's dream come true.  My husband is in the National Guard this weekend, so it's girls' weekend here.  I always try to make sure all the housework is done before the weekend starts so we don't have to do much.  It's cold and dark and rainy here--we even had a bit of sleet hitting the east window this morning.

The good news is that the work-at-home proofreading business is actually legitimate.  I have the six dollars in my bank account to prove it, from finding three proofreading errors.  I waited until the businesses on whose web pages I found errors sent the money to PayPal, and then I had to link PayPal to my bank account, so it took a little while for the money to arrive.  Now that I know it's for real, I'll spend more time doing it.  I don't know if I'm going to make much money, but every little bit helps, and who knows, maybe it will lead to another proofreading job online.

If you're interested:

Check this out. http://www.typobounty.com/general.php?page=hunter
Sign up for an account using my team number: 2130.



After the movie it's ten minutes of housework for everybody, and then I'll be calling my mother.  We talk every day.  She has rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and is mostly confined to a chair.  People with CVID are statistically more likely to have relatives with RA, which is another immune disease.  I was about twelve when RA reared its very ugly head.  My sister was about seven.

It wasn't just that CVID took my health.  It's relative took my mother's health.  A few years after the twins were born, she wasn't able to come out to help anymore, or to visit.  Even before that, at times she was unable to help.  I remember going to the laundromat with breastfeeding twin babies on heart monitors, a two-year-old, and a five-year-old.  Going grocery shopping all by myself with the four of them.  Not having a babysitter.

First we stopped going anywhere when I was a teenager.  Then she got a bit better, and she was able to go out with the girls and I.  Then she got worse again.  Now she's in a wheelchair.

We've been talking by phone every day for the last twenty years, ever since I moved out.  We have a lot in common--there are things we both wanted to do that we never got the chance to.  I'm lucky--at least I have good days when I can walk around and do things.  My daughters are lucky too, although they'd be luckier if I weren't sick at all (not to mention all the neurological problems I have).



And now it's time for that ten minutes of housework.  Most days it doesn't occur to me (or most other people, I suspect) to be grateful to be able to do housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment