Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mommy, I'm Bored!

Well, the answer to the question 'what happens when you can't think of a catchy blog post title so you use popular search engine terms' is........nothing!  Oh, well.



I've been watching & listening to music online these last couple of days.  Here's the mazurka I've just started working on, played by somebody who knows how....Evgeny Kissin.  When he was just fifteen.  (Mr. Kissin started humming along with his sister's piano lesson (Bach) when he was eleven months old.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ87vgtUV_U

If I were a professional pianist, seeing this would make me want to throw myself under a bus. lol



Not much happening here.  It hasn't rained much, so there hasn't been much yard work.  I've been going through some disorganized boxes of stuff upstairs.  It's that time of the year when you've been homeschooling for months and months and you start thinking that it will be nice when the year is over.  Housework and homeschooling and exercising.  Sleep and repeat. I've hardly left the house this spring except to go grocery shopping.  If if weren't for the piano and the internet, I would be seriously bored.  But I've been engrossed in composing my second mazurka these last couple of days to the point of almost letting everything slide around here.

The secret to not losing your mind when you're cooped up a lot is to keep busy.  It's a lot worse when I'm sick--being stuck at home is not anywhere near as bad as being stuck in a chair.  At least I've been healthy lately.  And the weather's nice today--I'm starting a collection of different kinds of wild flowers in baby food jars in all the window sills.  There's supposed to be a hard freeze tonight.

My 12yo daughter is making bratwursts and hot dogs for dinner tonight, and we have pumpkin pie from yesterday for dessert.  Food banks love to give you canned pumpkin pie filling.  It's good stuff, though.



And I'm off to (you guessed it) play the piano some more....Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment