Thursday, April 5, 2012

More Government Assistance

OK, let's forget for the moment that I have a serious, life-long disease that's related to the 'boy-in-the-bubble' disease.  Let's forget that I'm quite often too sick to work, and that exposure to lots of people with all their attendant illnesses will make it worse.  Let's forget that I'm so sick sometimes that it's completely unreasonable to expect me to get dressed and brush my teeth, let alone drive myself anywhere.

Let's also forget that I can only drive to a dozen places, that I'm perpetually lost wherever I go, that I don't recognize people or tools or parts of any kinds of mechanical things, that, by the way, I don't hear very well.

Let's forget all that.

Okay?

Now then, I've just received these two forms from the welfare/food stamp/medicaid people.  Here are quotes from both of them.  You should know that IMPACT is an employment training program.  The bold print is mine.

Number one:

....you have been scheduled to begin your participation in the IMPACT Program on WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2012 at 9:00 AM at the IMPACT Office....

Number two:

....You are scheduled for a phone interview on APRIL 11, 2012 at 8:45 AM....you must remain available for at least half an hour after that time.  Your interview will take approximately one hour.....

I just don't know what to say. 

Apparently they are suffering under a serious delusion.  They think I am twins.



Regardless of my inability to put myself in two different places at the same time, I don't see myself quitting homeschooling and putting my kids in public school in the middle of the year so that I can enter a works program that I'm certainly going to fail at.  Is it too defeatist after forty-six years of disability to say that I would fail at this?

I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment