Saturday, September 15, 2012

100 and Falling

OK, my temp went up to 103 last night.  Sometime during the night it finally started to fall.  It's the next evening now, and my temp is 100.  I've even lost the desire to be wrapped up in a blanket.  I'm exhausted, though--this was one of those nights where you wake up and think that maybe it would have been more restful to have stayed awake all night.  There was no comfortable position with that arm.

The doctor on call for my doctor didn't think this was serious.  I would think a 103-degree reaction to a vaccine would be scary, even without CVID thrown in.  99 degrees, maybe 100, ignore it and hope it goes away.  But 103 and still rising....I was afraid to go to bed last night, for fear the temp would continue to rise and nobody would be there to notice if I got into real trouble.

My arm is getting to the point where I can walk across the room without hurting it.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to put on deodorant, brush my teeth, and fix my hair.  This morning I couldn't open a pill bottle or pour myself a drink, or get breakfast.  I'm still wearing that same shirt.  There are an amazing number of things you can't do without both arms.  You especially can't open a package of anything.

I don't think I want any more vaccinations.

I'm tired so I'm going to go now....

No comments:

Post a Comment