Friday, September 14, 2012

Ow. Ow ow ow.

OK, I'm sick and bored.

And I have a temp of 102.  We are in dangerous territory now--much higher and I will stop making however much sense I usually do.

Yesterday I went to the doctor.  I am bummed.  The blood test said I do NOT have CVID.  In spite of the fact that I've had it for years and nobody's ever been cured.  In spite of the fact that I am currently on antibiotics for a double sinus and ear infection when the weather's beautiful outside.  In spite of all the sinus and ear infections and pneumonias I had this winter.

Here I am in the chair again.

I am trying to make the best of it.  I'll do some clicking to donate and play some Bubble Blitz and see if I can get my brain to maybe let me write a fan-fiction or an e-book--two ideas I've been toying with lately.

My arm really hurts.  It's red and swollen.  I've finally given up sitting at the dining table because I'm freezing and no way can I put on a sweater.  Sitting here with a blankie immediately convinced everyone I was sick--I generally HATE blankies.  Unless it's subzero out and the lights have gone out, I am miserable in a blankie.  My mom put feet pajamas on me once.  Only once.  I overheated and threw up.

All this because yesterday I asked the doctor for a pneumonia vaccine.  I'm hoping eventually he'll believe that my immune system is faulty.  So my kindly doctor who usually gives me whatever I ask for (not that I'm very demanding) authorized this.  And now his office says to stay home and take tylenol.  I am dizzy and nauseous.  At least my temp seems to be plateauing.  Wait, I'll take my temp.

Some of the symptoms of a vaccine reaction are sore arm, swelling....the more serious ones (maybe my doctor's staff needs to look this up online?) are fever, dizziness, and, get this, irritability.  Seriously, I feel like crap and I can't use my arm.  I'll try not to be too cranky.

I have Deb World (just like Disney World but more fun) set up now--laptop, folding chair to put laptop on so I can get out of the chair without calling for an assistant, blankie, thermometer, cell phone.  My temp is 101.6.  It's too soon to tell, but I can only hope this will pass.  Or not--if I get really sick will it help prove how sick I am?

OK, now I'm confused again.  It's just that I've occasionally had a spell of good health, and this would be a crummy time for that to happen now.  Confused.

Oh, and here's a picture--this is an incredible picture:

 
 
It's from George Takei on Facebook.  You know what it is?  It's SAND.  Magnified 250x.  Really.
 
Cool, huh?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment