Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"I have to admit feeling a twang of glee upon hearing that you had a double ear infection..."

That's what my sister wrote me today.  My sister has a dark sense of humor.  We're just two fruits that fell from the same tree and landed pretty close together.

This is what we've been hoping for--evidence of and immune deficiency.  I mean, who over twelve gets a double ear infection when it's sunny and warm outside, and anyway they've been afraid to set foot outside because the pollen might get them.

My father used to get ear infections as an adult when he worked outside.

Monday night I started antibiotics, and one of my eleven-year-old twins took her last one.  Now her ear infection is back.  I generally don't overreact to things like this.  She's always been healthy.  Maybe she'll just take after my father with the ear infection thing.

CVID can hit at any age.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to discuss my blood test.  The doctor's office wouldn't let another of my kids come in before, because she had to have an 'intake' appointment first, which couldn't be for weeks.  But when my husband called, they said, 'Sure, bring her in tomorrow.'

Must be nice.  At least she doesn't have to go back to the emergency room.

And this could be me in eight days.  I'd actually asked the doctor to give me a longer course of antibiotics.  Well, let's look on the bright side--if I show up with another infection, that'll make me look even better to the people who don't want to believe I'm sick.

If my CVID test really is negative, I'll ask for another pneumonia vax.  Either my body will fail to make any immunity to the pneumonia, which is a strong diagnostic criterion for CVID, or at least maybe I won't be getting pneumonia this winter.  It's a no-lose proposition.

And the Medicaid people still don't know they have our paperwork.  It was faxed a week ago today.

My 16yo and I are home alone, and we're watching 'The Grey'.  I'd researched the movie first, and already decided the three younger girls wouldn't be seeing it.  It does seem to be a bit predictable.    It needs a couple of surprises.  I like Liam Neeson.  Not like, just like. :)

I tried to have an asthma attack this morning, but I managed to rest a bit and haven't had trouble since.  Don't know if that's good news or bad news.

Think I'll mosey on over to Facebook now and see what's up.  'Night.

P.S.  Just saw the end of the movie.  That Sucked.



No comments:

Post a Comment