Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Doh !

I'm still having problems with my geekishness, but I think (fingers crossed) that I've fixed the links to the audio and sheet music files on the right.  Hopefully.  Again.  I so badly want to be a geek.

It's hot here.  I can't complain much--at least we have power.

I've developed an obsession (I'd estimate it'll probably last about a week).  I play Bach's Fugue no. 10.  I play something else.  Back to Fugue no. 10.  Something else.  I can't help myself.  I hear it all day long in my head.  I hear it when I wake up.  It may have been playing while I was still asleep.  It's playing right now while I type.

I can't play it for sh**.  I generally don't get Bach.  But that doesn't matter.  At this rate sheer stubbornness will win eventually.

I can't imagine ever feeling about Bach the same way I feel about Chopin.  This is just a fling.  (Oh, Johannes!)  I always come back to my dear Frederik.  I sometimes visit with Ludwig (my first love), and lately I have a standing date with Franz.  Occasionally I see the other Franz.  And from time to time others, too numerous to mention here.


Anyway................I've been moving lots of pieces of trees, some way taller than me, some shorter than my forearm.  Someday I will have my little woods back again.  Not to mention my yard.  Every time I go outside I pick up a few more sticks.  I'm eating that elephant one bite at a time.  I guess it's a lot like that Fugue.

That's is why I'm just sitting here--I had sweat pouring off me when I got carried away and moved a few big hunks of tree.  It's still 90-something out there.

And I got a response to my second email to the Stupid Security Administration--as per their instructions, I have written a letter to my local office requesting my records and stating why I can't be there in person.  I knew it--I knew if I just wrote to a different person, I'd get a different answer.  If the local office won't give me my records, I'll just write to the next-nearest one.  I'm stubborn, I am.  Just ask Johannes.

I have to go make sure the animals have water & the cat has food & take out our leftovers and let the dog out one last time.  It's starting to get dark.  Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment