Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mazurka No. 1 (or, the Bad Geek Tries Again)

Good morning!  I'm a morning person, so this is the best time of day to try to force my brain to do something it apparently doesn't want to do.  Have I ever mentioned that my brain and I have a love/hate relationship?

It looks like the website I used to post my first mazurka isn't working any more.  I'd checked it--I'd even borrowed the kids' laptop to make sure it would play.

So let's try again.  Here goes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mhfyt2t0bzhi7w/Mazurka%20No.%201.wma

Okay, back to the kids' laptop again.  The mazurka worked, although the sound quality makes me picture a victrola with a cute little dog sitting nearby.  Or a harpsichord.

Fortunately, even though I've been having delusions of grandeur, my brother-in-law is an actual geek, and he recommended this site, which saves me the trouble of sifting through dozens of websites like I did last time, trying to find one that works.  It wasn't too difficult to use, and the website didn't have anything to do with my laptop's decision to place all of my do-it-yourself singles into one album and label it "Dire Straits:  The Sultans of Swing", which (luckily) doesn't seem to affect my posting of just the one song here.




Well, it's almost nine o'clock, time for school to start.  I'm a bit behind in my chores now--got the house tidied and the school papers set out, at least.  Had breakfast.  Now I've got to go play catch-up.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment