Friday, May 11, 2012

Snap, Crackle, & Pop

I have an ear infection.  I'm forty-six years old, the weather is beautiful, and I haven't even had a cold, but here I am anyway, with cotton in my ear because that often helps.  If it doesn't go away soon, I'll start a course of the antibiotics I always keep on hand.  Repeated ear infections are one of the warning signs of immune deficiency.  I know they say you're not supposed to take antibiotics for an ear infection these days, but they're not talking about people with CVID.  Then again, the weather's nice, and this isn't a bad one, yet, so maybe I'll squeak through without the pills this time.

I started writing my first nocturne Wednesday night.  I sat down to write a mazurka, but a nocturne came out.  It's been playing itself in my brain while I've been going about my business today.   I was sitting at the computer reading the news and eating lunch, and it kept playing itself in the background.

We're sitting here watching 'Seven Pounds'.  I don't know if it's possible for Will Smith to be in a bad movie.  This is the kind of movie you really have to concentrate on.  And I wouldn't let a young child watch it. 

And it's almost over now, so I'll have to go play the piano and do some more housework.  I've pretty much won the war against the weeds outside for the moment--they've been putting up a very good fight.  We've got nettles this year--they're kind of sticky plants, and they don't have roots--they just lay their strands all over all the other plants and start reproducing like crazy.

One of the good things about my life--I'm almost never bored.  If I run out of yard work, there's always house cleaning (in between all the piano playing), and if I get tired of doing that, there's always the entire world wide web. :)  If the lights ever go out I have an awful lot of books here.

Movie's over, gotta go now....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment