Tuesday, December 20, 2011

And I'm off and running! Uh, walking. Slowly.

It's a good morning when you realize that you made it all the way through the night (even if just barely) without having to get up to take pills.  Even better when you realize that you're doing well enough to spend five minutes tidying up the house, checking the pets, etc. before you sit down to your breakfast of peanut butter on wheat toast, antibiotics, sudafed, and prednisone.  (I vaguely remember that a healthy meal is supposed to contain lots of different colors.)  I might be able to get a bit more done around the house than I did yesterday.

This was a mild episode for me.  It could have been a lot worse.

Don't know if we'll be homeschooling today.  I dragged myself through it yesterday, but now a second kid has gotten the cold.  One way I cope with homeschooling and illness is by having a year-round schedule so we can miss days and still get in the requisite number by the end of the school year.  And I take advantage of this schedule when more than one kid gets sick--we have very few absences here.  I'm sure they learn better when their temps' are under 100 and they're not huddled under blankets.

I'm off to get some work done now!  (But carefully, not too much, too soon.)  Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment