Saturday, December 10, 2011

I want my money back!

"Gifts allow us to demonstrate exactly how little we know about a person. And nothing p***es a person off more than being shoved into the wrong pigeonhole." - From the HOUSE Season 4 episode “It’s a Wonderful Life”



Just as I was posting about my various neurological ‘differences’ yesterday, this article popped up in the news:



http://blog.autismspeaks.org/2011/09/29/itow-i-want-my-money-back/



It’s about a 25-year-old man who just this year found out he has autism, after years of misdiagnoses, mistreatment with prescription medications, and finally heavy use of street drugs in an effort to just kill the pain.  You’d have thought with all the autism in the news right now, people wouldn’t still be falling through the cracks.  Don’t worry, though, I’m a sucker for a happy ending, and this story has one.

No comments:

Post a Comment