Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bain Dramage

Well, I think I've really turned the corner here.  It's the middle of the afternoon and I'm dressed and the house is under control.  I can be up and around for twenty minutes before the room starts spinning.  What's even better is that I'm starting to have periods of time during which I actually believe that life, at some unspecified point in the future, might be worth living again. 

I don't really know, but I think this must be what it's like to come down off of a two-week drinking binge.  It was a couple of weeks ago when I first got sick.  I remember taking a quiz online with my oldest daughter (http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/1209/Are-you-scientifically-literate-Take-our-quiz/) when this first hit, and not being able to remember the elements of the periodic table.  I've checked (H, He, Li, Be, B, C....)--they're back now, so it wasn't anything like early-onset Alzheimer's.  My brain just stopped working temporarily when the virus moved in.

I think this was the actual flu.  I'm hearing about more and more people getting sick.  My mother has it, and it looks as if my sister, who's on her way to visit, might have it.  She's travelled a ways to get here, so if she has it, it's everywhere.  I hope I'm wrong--she's a great sister, and I'd have to be really angry at somebody to wish this on them.

I'm going to go do a couple more things and then come sit back down.  Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment