Monday, December 19, 2011

Here We Go Again....

I came down with a head cold yesterday morning.  Nothing serious--sore throat, runny nose, slight temp. Felt like going back to bed, but didn't.  I started antibiotics--that's the routine these day when I get a cold.

So I woke up this morning at 6:30 and noticed I was short of breath.  Asthma.  I asked my slight-groggy-just-got-up-out-of-bed self if maybe I should start taking prednisone.  I've learned over the years that when I ask that question, I probably should.  I've also learned over the years that it's better to take a little prednisone before the asthma gets out of control than to wait and take a whole lot after it gets out of control.

So I took 40 mg. and I'm less short of breath now.  But I have two choices--I can move around the house, slowly, or I can talk.  I don't have enough breath to do both at the same time.  Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in before I get an ear infection (got one a couple of weeks ago but at least the antibiotics got rid of it quickly), or a sinus infection, or pneumonia.  Christmas is coming, and I DO NOT want to be sick.  I have somehow managed over the years never to miss Christmas.

At least all the shopping is done.  The wrapping, the cards, the decorating.  All done.  Our kitchen is stocked up.  The house is something approaching clean.  Good job me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment