Sunday, December 25, 2011

Good Morning!

No, really, it's a pretty good morning.  It's Christmas!  And I am feeling better.  I've been up since five because of the coughing, but my temp's down to 101.  I'm planning to hopefully spend a lot of time today sitting around resting, but I'm feeling just decent enough to be sick and tired of sitting at the computer.  Every once in a while I get up and do few things--as in, I wait until one of my medication doses is working, go to the bathroom so I won't have a small accident from the coughing, and work for a few minutes before sitting back down.  And this is way better than I felt yesterday.

I'm just not good at sitting.  I want to go out and take a hike in the nice weather or something. lol  I'd be lucky to make it to the mailbox.  And television is usually not one of my favorite things.  I want to go play the piano, but it's just too strenuous yet.

The girls are up and have their Christmas presents.  The twelve-year-old got her first phone--my old one.  I've just spent a week pretending that my old phone was broke, because she's always using it and I couldn't let her find out we'd switched.  We're mean parents--we pretended that my husband's new air compressor was her Christmas present, and then one of her smaller presents 'called' her while she was opening it.  It's okay--she's a meanie, too, so she understands. ;)

We've been having people call and text her all morning--I'll resist the urge to put her number up here.

The twins got little indoor pup tents that they've set up in the dining room--we haven't seen them in the family room all day.  And yesterday the entire family got a wii fit--the 'balance board' for a nintendo wii.  I highly recommend giving a wii fit for a present on Christmas Eve morning--by the time I toddled up the stairs last night, everybody was fast asleep from the exhaustion.

The oldest daughter got her very own nice warm blanket for downstairs--just like her dad's, which she's always coveting.  She's only been warm a few times since birth.

We have Christmas candy, and we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast (from the discount rack at the grocery the other day).  Santa always leaves candy canes on the tree overnight.  There's a ham defrosting.  I've learned to take it easy at times like this.  Christmas doesn't just have to be one day--it can be a week or two--like Hanukkah.  I didn't make eggnog yesterday--so what, I can make it today.  I can make fudge tomorrow or for the extended family gathering this next weekend.

Better to have a reasonably cheerful, healthy mom and no eggnog.  This sounds easy, but it's actually taken me several years of parenting & illness to figure this out.

It looks like we might get snow here in a day or two, but we're stocked up nicely, so no worries there.  Didn't really want to go grocery shopping right away anyway.

I'm looking forward now to an opportunity to just rest and get better these next few days.  And I spoke to my mother this morning--she sounds pretty good compared to yesterday.  My youngest twin finally slept through the night last night without so much coughing.

I hope everything I've said this morning has made sense after the week I've had. :) 

Merry Christmas to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment