Friday, December 30, 2011

Choosing an Online Pharmacy

Good afternoon!  I've survived dinner with the in-laws (including walking into the restaurant from the car and basically falling (literally falling) into my chair at the table).  I'd thought at the time that it might have livened up an otherwise reasonably tame dinner if somebody spread the rumor that I'd been drinking all afternoon.

It was quite a challenge getting everything done and mobilizing the troops to leave the house this morning, but now I'm at my parents' house where I can take it easy.  Tonight we'll be having our Christmas dinner and gift exchange.

I've noticed some interest in my post about getting drugs from the Philippines.  I hope that post was about what people hoped it was about. lol  I am now going to post a few of my personal suggestions for using an online pharmacy.  Disclaimer:  Please keep in mind that I'm only buying prednisone and antibiotics myself, so I have no knowledge of other substances or the legality of purchasing/using them, nor do I advocate breaking the law.

And here we go:

1.  I would only recommend this for someone who has an already-diagnosed medical condition and who is looking to buy pills that they've already taken in the past.  Now is not the time to be incredibly stupid experiment.  I've had my diagnoses for many years, and I was under medical supervision for a long time before poverty and loss of health insurance forced me to take matters into my own hands.

2.  Do some research about online pharmacies.  And find out the laws where you live.  I wouldn't want anyone to get into trouble.

3.  Choose a pharmacy that sells a variety of medications, not just narcotics and sex aids.  Even if you're looking for pain pills, a reputable pharmacy probably sells other things as well.

4.  There are patient inserts online.  You should also check for drug interactions.  My own experience has been that pharmacists are highly educated people who don't usually mind questions.

5.  When your pills come in the mail, they should look just like your old pills.  If you don't know what they're supposed to look like, there are probably pictures online, too.

6.  Keep your pills in their original, labelled packaging.  Not only does it help to avoid mistakes, but having the names of the pills gives other people the message that you're not abusing prescription medication.

I hope this information helps.  Now I'm off to cheerier things....

No comments:

Post a Comment