Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Everything outside was covered with a pretty layer of icy snow when I got up a few hours ago.  Now the snowflakes are falling faster and they're getting bigger.

I could be feeling worse.  I only had to get up once last night, and I managed to get some sleep.  I'm breathing better, but it still leaves me gasping to walk across the house to get something.

I feel horrible, but I feel better than I did two days ago.

Last night I developed a swelling under a tooth.  It's the same tooth I had a root canal done on a couple of years ago.  That tooth hasn't felt right since.  Last night there was some kind of an abscess that had to be popped (I'll spare you the details on that), and I also had a bit of fluid coming out of my ear on that side.  But it all feels better now.

Dinner with the in-laws in two days.  I'm going to try to rest up so I can make it to that, and see my own family the next day.

It's been a struggle just to keep cheerful.  Awake, even.  I've had periods where I could barely stand.  People say things to me and I have to stop and try to figure out what it was they just said.  What a marathon session this last week has been.

I managed to get something out of the deep freeze for dinner tonight--and I noticed there was plenty of food, which is good, because I'm supposed to go grocery shopping this week and it's not going to happen.

I'm going to go rest some more....

No comments:

Post a Comment