Thursday, January 19, 2012

CHRONICLES OF FIBROMYALGIA: Fibromyalgia Patients Don't Want To Get Better

CHRONICLES OF FIBROMYALGIA: Fibromyalgia Patients Don't Want To Get Better: Anyone ever heard those words? I have. From medical doctors to multi-level marketing juice purveyors and everyone in between. It's stupi...



I do like Ms. Tyler's latest blog post.  Even though I have a different illness, I've often thought the same thing--that sometimes trying to have a positive mental attitude in spite of being ill backfires horribly.

It's certainly not the case that healthy people never have any problems and never have to put any effort into being happy.  But I think some people assume that, on the one hand, if I'm not whining about being sick, I must secretly enjoy it.  (That's what I get for only whining in front of people I know fairly well, except for this blog, where I whine indiscriminately to anybody bored enough to listen.) 

On the other hand, if I do whine (or even ask for help), I must be a hypochondriac looking for attention.

But I made a decision once, a long time ago, that I was going to do my best not to let my illness steal the good days....

No comments:

Post a Comment