Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wait, wait, is that daylight up there?

Not too bad today--a little better than yesterday.  I've started bringing sticks of firewood onto the front porch--I've limited myself to a dozen at a time.  A dozen sticks of wood, a bit of tidying the house, and back on the couch.  Rinse, lather, repeat.

It's just after two, and the girls have all finished a half-hour's worth of chores.  No school today (I just wasn't up to it this morning--I slept 'til eight, which brought me all the way up to six hours sleep last night--almost enough to be able to remember my own phone number--and then there were pills to take, and morning just isn't my lungs' best time of day).  Husband was home yesterday to help grade and answer questions about schoolwork, but today I'm on my own--he has his own school, and a CPR class, and probably some snow plowing later.  Don't know when he's planning on sleeping.  But tomorrow, I just might be up to doing school on my own if I have to.

I just don't know how I used to do this when the kids were younger.  Guess I was younger, too.  And every day wasn't always perfect then, either.

At the moment, I've just been up, and now I'm sitting here coughing--it was time for my next dose of meds, and my lungs knew it.

I might go through the mail for the last couple of weeks this afternoon, now that I'm feeling just a bit better.

It's always nice when I'm climbing out of the hole instead of sliding into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment