Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 17

Yes, I've been sick for 17 days.  Hardly the first time.  And yesterday really, really counted.

Almost everybody in the house has had a stomache flu now.  It started Saturday night (after we got home from dinner with my family, fortunately) with child number one.  Then Monday morning it was me.  I managed to get dressed and let the dog out and put my hair back (sinking feeling that I was going to appreciate not throwing up in my hair any minute) before it hit.  I'll spare everyone the details--I'd like this to be a family-friendly blog.  I'll just say that putting the hair back was a good idea. 

I wound up wrapped in two blankets on the sofa.  Next thing I knew, my husband was home (from breakfast with his dad) with the same thing.

I'm sort of all right now--just exhausted.  Hadn't really planned on going off all my meds at once yesterday, either.  And two more children got sick last night.

I had just gotten the house all cleaned up Sunday night, thinking I'd work on kitchen cupboards yesterday since I haven't been grocery shopping lately and they're as empty as they're going to get.  Good time to clean 'em.  But now the house needs more cleaning and I'm behind on all my chores.  It's seven-thirty in the morning and I'm a morning person, but I'd like nothing better than to go back to bed.

Time to go reboot the laundry....

No comments:

Post a Comment