Tuesday, January 31, 2012

X X X

The first half of today went great.  I was breathing pretty normally.  I packed up the kids and went to run errands.  Picked up bird food at one place, went to the Salvation Army, went to spend some of the girls' Christmas gift cards, and then went to lunch.  Which is when the first asthma attack hit.  It sucks to have an attack in a restaurant.

I picked the warmest day of the week for errands, thinking it would be great for my lungs.  What I didn't count on (and probably should have, now that I think of it) was the approaching....weather front.  So I limped my way through a visit to the credit union and the grocery store, grateful to have gotten off to my usual early start today so that I had a lot done by the time this hit.  I went to pick up milk and a couple of other things, while the girls pushed the cart.  And now I'm home, fighting for breath.  It's not as bad as it has been this winter.  I took a lot of prednisone while I was out, so I could finish the errands.

It could be worse--I'm not stuck in THE CHAIR.  Tomorrow the front will be past and I'll almost certainly feel better.  But spring just can't come to early for me.  I'm generally healthier when it's warmer.  Not always, but usually.



On a happier note--one of my 10yo twins has inherited my mean sense of humor.  Shannon was helping go through some of their old clothes and found one of my shirts where it didn't belong.  She came downstairs and pretended to read the tag (with a mischevious twinkle in her eyes) to see whose shirt it was--"x x x x x x triple x".  Way more x's than I actually require.  She's lucky I laughed.

Well, we had butterscotch chip cookies cooling on the table, and I (pretending to be stern) said, "No more cookies for you."  She came right back at me, "Well, no more cookies for you, either."

It was funny.

It's a risky thing to do--making fun of Mom.  It's like, the closer you get to that edge, the funnier you are, but if you go over, you suddenly find yourself changing every litterbox in the house and taking out all the garbage....



Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment