Monday, January 23, 2012

Sometimes I'm afraid of thunder and lightning

Hey, I'm still here!  I've been too busy cleaning house and merrily playing my Schubert piece and Chopin's mazurkas to spend much time on the computer.  I suppose I've had enough computer time lately to last me a while.

I had a bit of a temporary setback yesterday, though.  We had a storm front come through last night, and so, as is usual with me, I spent the entire day getting worse and worse until after the front hit.  I took prednisone, which I hadn't had to take for a couple of days, with breakfast, then with dinner, then twice after dinner while I was sitting in a chair gasping for air.  This morning I still had to take it once, when there was another front due in the afternoon.  Now it's evening though, and I'm breathing all right.  It may still be a couple of weeks before my breathing returns to completely normal, assuming nothing else goes wrong.  I'm glad this didn't happen a week or two ago--it could easily have put me in the hospital.  It's happened before.

One of my kids is still coughing from that illness we all had, and my sister has it.  She really sounds sick--she says that if she talks, she starts coughing.  I'm worried about her--she has a business trip coming up this week.  I vividly remember in years past having gone to work no matter how sick I got until I ended up being an inpatient at the hospital.

I'm still taking my antibiotics preventatively.  The brand I'm on now is safe for that.  I think today is the first day I don't feel exhausted in a long time.  Although I should say that, I'm feeling good, but still not good enough to go outside this morning and pick up all the new kindling the storm left everywhere in our yard.  I had to send one of the twins outside to do that.  I've noticed after reading back over some of my posts that I tend to put a (practically delusional) positive spin on how I'm feeling.  Maybe it's just that I'm comparing how I feel now to how I've felt over the last month.  Relative to that I feel terrific.  Just can't pick up kindling in the chilly air.  But at least I'm able to clean house and play difficult piano music, as long as I pace myself.

And now I'm off to play more mazurkas.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment