Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Master's Name

I don't know how often I'll blog when I'm feeling better--since I've started this blog I haven't really had a chance to find out.  I suppose this is one good way to keep me sitting in a chair and resting from time to time, which I really need to be doing a lot of right now.  After the night I just had, and all the meds I'm on, and the lack of sufficient oxygen I'm experiencing, I'll consider it an accomplishment if I'm simply coherent this morning.



I had a dream the other night which I've been meaning to write down.

A rather attractive gentleman asked if I wanted to be his servant.  I'm wondering if this was meant to be a whole other kind of dream ;) , but that's not the way it turned out.

I politely informed him that I already had a master.  His name is 'hypogammaglobulinemia'.

It sucks when I even have to dream about being sick.

I proceeded to explain about my current master.  How he would always insist on first place.  I would never be able to give that first place to anyone else.  My master can always demand primacy over my husband, my children, my parents, my friends, my pets, my home.  I can only attend to any of them when my master allows it.

Sometimes I can see that my master is about to enter his one of his very demanding periods (after all, I've known him for many years now), and I run around and make sure everybody else is taken care of for the next few days.  I stock up on supplies if I have time (actually, I try to stay stocked up all the time, just in case), I make sure all the pets have clean water, food, and litter boxes, and I make sure my house is clean and my chores are caught up.  I warn my family it's coming.  I keep a list of chores posted so they know what will need to be done if my master demands my total attention. 

I prepare for several days or weeks (hopefully not months) of mostly serving only my master.

I might like to attend a social event--a wedding or baby shower, for example.  Even an optometrist appointment.  But I have to get my master's permission first, and sometimes he can be very unreasonable, even cancelling important plans at the very last minute.

Maybe I'd just like to get a decent night's sleep.  But master doesn't care if I'm well-rested.  I don't think he really cares about my physical well-being at all.  He hasn't let me exercise since the middle of last month.  He won't even let me walk about outside in the nice weather today, or play a couple of songs on the piano.  I don't think he cares much about my mental well-being, either.

I might like to go to college, or get a job, or even do volunteer work, or join a club.  But master says 'no', and that's that.

Master wants to be the only one in my life.  He's quite jealous.  So here I sit.

He likes me all to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment